
Riverton Elementary has a fun way of tracking behavior. If the kids are good, they get to take a "green card" home. Next comes the "yellow card." If you're having a really hard day you'll have to take a "red card" home to mom and dad....but the absolute worse is a "black card." Hopefully, we'll never have to deal with a red or black card!!! This is a funny conversation that my friend Jeri had with Kip after school the other day...she picked him up from school for me while I went to a meeting for work.
Jeri: "How was school boys?"
Parker (Kips "best pal") "Mom, Kip got a yellow card."
Kip "Ya, I've got to throw it away when we get to your house."
Jeri: "Kip, you should keep it to show your mom."
Kip: "But yellow cards are bad."
Jeri: "I know, that's why you should show your Mom."
Jeri: "I know, that's why you should show your Mom."
Kip: "No, that's why I should throw it away right when we get to your house!"
Oh no! What is he thinking trying to hide stuff from me already!? Luckily he made the "right choice" and told me about his yellow card. Next time he gets one he better not be throwing it away!



No comments:
Post a Comment