Kip started Ute conference football this fall. Mark and I were so nervous for him to start....I would have been shocked if he made it through try-outs, but he fought through them. The first day of tryout he came home from school with a swollen hand because he was trying to do front hand-springs at recess! Seriously child?!? But he played his hardest and didn't let his hand slow him down. At first Mark wasn't going to coach him because he was doing Sier's team and doesn't have a lot of time as it is, but a friend from high school was going to be coaching and finally talked Mark into it. I'm so glad he was able to talk him into it because I think Mark is an awesome coach and does such a good job at teaching the kids. We've had so much feed back from the parents asking Mark if he's going to coach next year, hoping that he would draft their kid again! So.....I was the team mom. I had no freaking idea what I was getting myself into. But I LOVED it, and loved getting to know all the kids & parents on a different level than I would have otherwise. We had such awesome, involved parents (except for 2!) but anybody who's been involved with football knows that.
Kip played Tight-End, and went in on defence for about half the plays. Kip absolutely loved the game. All the boys in my house are totally into football right now- I feel so left out. The end of the season was definitely better for Kip on defence, he really enjoyed hitting hard, and making the tackles. After every game he would always ask us "did you see all those pancakes I did?" He was so fun to watch. He worked so hard, practiced hard, and finally found something that he's PASSIONATE about. This is the beginning of a long love for him.









No comments:
Post a Comment