Kip is a Water-Skiing Fool!!! We were finally able to go boating this year- and my gosh it was fun. Summertime is officially here, we have boating fever again. I don't think there's any family activity that I enjoy more than sitting on a boat at a lake.
We went down to Yuba with a bunch of people for the weekend, and Steve and Jamie brought their boat...THANKS GUYS!!!! I love Jamie and Steven....and their boat, I'm just glad they know that I'm a serious boating buddy and will go anytime, day or night, all they have to do is call.
The big accomplishment came from Kip this weekend. He learned how to ski, and he had fun while he was doing it! We've had ski's for him for a few years, but he has never dared. We went to the Boat Show a few months ago and Kip found a wakeboard that he wanted really bad, so we made a deal. The deal is if he can ski and crash without any help, then we will buy him a wakeboard. That's all it took, and he is a skier now. Mark had to help him into the ski's, but when he was done he was able to swim to the boat by himself, so he's halfway there! He also enjoyed the tube this trip also, I think it helped having other boys there to encourage him on. We still can't talk Sier into tubing, or skiing. He is usually so fearless of things, but there is something about the water that just gets to my boys, they LOVE being on a boat, and rafting down the river, but actually getting in just terrifies them. One day we will get Sier out there!
Mark was awesome on the wakeboard, he us getting better about landing almost anything he does. He also got the good old slalom ski out and road that for a little while, the ski isn't anything special, so he wasn't on it for long. Of course I was on the water with my Ho. (that's the name of my ski) The water was good, but there were big roller waves and they kill my legs, so there was nothing special buy me on the ski. But I did wakeboard and learned how to jump, if you count six inches as a jump. The kids were amazed that I knew how to wakeboard, they've just seen me ski, so they were funny talking to me about it when I was done. Jamie did good on our wakeboard ;) and on our ski :). Steven had one goal for the summer, to land a 180 and he accomplished it already. I wonder what he will do next?
I absolutely love the lake. Yuba is so great because there is actual beach that the kids can play at, and the water is pretty clean. Thanks to everybody who went and tried to ski, Terri & Christa you kicked butt buy getting up so stinkin fast on your first tries!! You are both naturals. I hope I can be like Mike and Shelly and get my butt up on a ski when I'm in my 50's!!! Way to go guys, you really are my health hero's! I can't wait for next time when we get to go, hopefully the water will be glass so I can really ski, once you ski on perfect water you become a spoiled brat. That's me, deal with it. Welcome back Summertime!



4 comments:
Way to go Kip! I'm sure that he's hooked now, too. Get him to tell his "buddies" how much fun they will have when they can get up too!
Good job Kip. You look awesome out there. I'm super jealous that you get to water ski all the time. Next time I hope to see you on your wakeboard.
Way to go Kip! We got Gage on the knee board but no skiing yet...I agree with you whole-heartedly girl, once you have perfect water (ie Lake Powell) nothing else cuts it. I can wait for our 1 or 2 annual trips to Lake Powell and give up anything less than perfect water...I can't WAIT to have this KID OUT so I can get back out! You guys all look GREAT out there!
I'm coming on thursday night for dinner at Dan and Gaylene's but as for the rest of the weekend we will be in Bear Lake. So hopefully we'll see you then.
Post a Comment