Jul 21, 2008

Yuba



When I look back on the fun times that I've had in my life, most of them involve a boat and a lake. My little family has such a fun time when we put the both of those together.....the kids love to play in the sand and on the tubes, and Mark and I love to just be there with them. Kip and Sier are so great because they are always up for a boat ride and don't complain when we've been on it for hours on end! Sier just usually climbs underneith the drivers chair and falls asleep, and Kip could sit in the bow of the boat all day long if you let him.
Mark has great parents who took us out for the day. We weren't the only ones who got to go though....Joni & Kary with their kids were there, Kurt & Jesse got there pretty late in the afternoon, Steven came to hang out, and our friends Ashley & Dave came with us too.
Ashley and I were able to keep Sier on the tube...which he really wasn't sure about, but I'm pretty sure he liked it. Their daughter Rhyen got on the tube as well. I think the kids had a hard time getting on the tube because they saw Mark give Ashley and me a really good ride, and that probably scared them just a LITTLE bit. Kip skied again, and that gave our nephew Kayden motivation he needed to finally give it a try. He did great, he can get the ski's on by himself, get started by himself, and get back to the boat by himself. Kayden did awesome!!! Dave got up on one ski too!!! He was pretty excited, and so were we. Ashley gave my ski a good try.....next time I know she'll beable to get up!
The fun ended on the last run of the night, which we didn't know would be the last run! A HUGE wind storm came in! I'm not talking about the usual Yuba wind, it was AMAZING. There were canopies and tarps breaking, tubes and boogie boards flying away in the wind, a beached boat was half way sunk. Kip was terrified! He hates wind and storms and when we got back to the beach he was on the brink of a complete meltdown, so I got him in the truck, out of the wind. He did save Marks favorite hat from blowing away! What an adventure- the waves were just like the ocean....and 30 minutes before I was yelling at Mark to take me out because the water was soo smooth! We had to waite to load the boat until the water died down a little bit, wich was quite a while. When they were finally able too, Mark got the truck stuck up to his axels-Way to go Mark!
Thanks Phisters for letting us enjoy your boat, and inviting us to go with you. We have made so many fun memories because of you willingness to share your boat with us!! I'm sure glad you got it.

2 comments:

Mel & Annette said...

I agree. Boats, boating, and family are the best. They add up to great family times and memories!

Bearden Family said...

You guys look great out there tearing it up... We need to do a trip together. Good times!!

Fun Pictures