Sep 8, 2008
State Fair
Jera and I decided to take the kids to the State Fair on opening day because tickets were only 2 dollars for adults on opening day, and the kids were free!! There's nothing like cheap entertainment! The kids loved looking at the animals, and they did so good walking around all day. They did a hands on exhibit where they were farmers... it was really fun for them. They had to feed cows, then milk the cows; They got to plant seeds and harvest them; comb a sheep; pick up the hay; gather the eggs; take their produce to market; and at the end they got to buy a treat with the money they made taking their produce to the market. They had a lot of fun! We also got to see a 14 foot alligator, tigers, a huge robot, clowns, and a lot of other cool things. We let them go on one carnival ride- it was 3 dollars a kid! Good thing I only have 2 kids!! We were there for a bout four hours, and by the time we were done the kids were tired, and mad at us because we forgot were we parked! So here's Jera and I walking around Rose Park with 6 tired, grumpy kids! Kip and Makade were so mad at us, and Makade knew the whole time we were going the wrong way, maybe parents don't always know best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I love the state fair! We've gone about every year since the kids were born. We aren't going to make it this year though. Sniff! I am taking the kids to Lagoon in a couple of weeks so we're saving our money for that. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. Seeing the animals is our favorite part.
Good times!!!
Post a Comment