Have you seen the movie "He's Just Not Into You" ? Not a GREAT movie, but it's okay...definitely a rental, not a "must see". ANYHOW there's a part in the movie were all the women realize that they are not the EXCEPTION, but the RULE. You know what I mean....When we think "well, officer....the reason why I was speeding is because my son has diarrhea and needs to go NOW." That is the EXCEPTION. (true story- it happened to a friend, and supposedly it worked) But guess what? I just KNOW that I would not be the EXCEPTION, because the RULE is if you speed and get caught, you get a ticket. OR....you're living with a guy for years, and you think he's going to marry you even though he himself doesn't believe in marriage. HELLO...he's never going to marry you. (because that would be an EXCEPTION to his RULE, and usually no EXCEPTIONS are made.) Rules, laws, policy's, procedures and guidelines for a set for a reason. They are the RULE. Very rarely do people fit into the EXCEPTION category. Okay, so now I've given you a few examples of "rules and exceptions."
NOW can I say how TIRED I am of people who think that they get to be the EXCEPTION all the time. How "well, it's regulalry $700.00, but since I'm so awesome, it was only $50.00. " My gosh! Who really gets that kind of deals?? The best deal I ever got was at Childrens Place in Park City and I found a belt for Sier on clearence for 99 cents, but when I checked out it was only 19 cents. (That is a GREAT deal.) But I really think that's the best deal that I've ever gotten. Because I'm the RULE, I try to shop sales, but their are always people out there who can get it for WAY cheaper and they are the EXEPTION. Another point to how I'm the RULE....I LOVE summer, and going boating (like EVERYBODY who knows me knows) Guess when it rains in the summer? Yep, on the weekend. NOT durring the week when we all work, but on the weekends!!! Truly, that is when...I would know because I LOVE the weekends, and when a storm comes it loves weekends too. (There's on this weekend!) That should be better for us because the lakes are soo full on the weekends, but I fit once again into the RULE category...I work durring the week, and so does Mark. If we were the EXEPTION then we would go boating durring the week when everybody is working, and it's not stormy. Can somebody please teach me how to be the EXCEPTION? What does it take to be the EXCETION? A lot of lying, talking, and cheating probably...and in that case I'm just fine with being the RULE.



1 comment:
So Lara what your saying is that Gordon isn't going to marry me!!! Ten years and still not married.
Post a Comment