Dec 12, 2008

"I will NEVER, NEVER"

Sier turns 4 the end of February, so I finally decided to have his 3 year old checkup! ( I know, I am President of the "Bad Moms Club") I told him yesterday about the things we needed to do today, and on the list was of course take him to the Dr. The first thing he asked me is if he needed to get shots- I couldn't lie and tell him no, so I just told him "I think so, I'm not sure how many". Ever since then he has been telling me "I will NEVER, NEVER, EVER go to the Dr. again!" or "I'm NEVER, NEVER, EVER going to take my clothes off for her either!" You see, he watched Kip get 4 shots a couple of months ago and has been terrified ever since. Finally after a lot of "deal making" (I would buy him a cookie) we were off to the Dr.'s office. While we were driving there I was telling Mark about the "NEVER, NEVER" comment and he wanted to talk to Sier. So after talking to his dad he was set because Mark made him another deal that if he didn't cry then he would take him to the store and buy him some LEGOS. (the awesomest toy ever in this house right now) So Sier had a great day at the Dr.'s. He took off his clothes and ran around in his underwear, he talked to the Dr., he told her some of his jokes, and when the shot was done he yelled "YES!" I'm assuming he said that because he was so proud of himself for not crying. Needles to say, he got a cookie and his dad will be taking him to the store. And just another thing....I always think Sier is sooo small for his age because I only have Kip to compare him with. It turns out his 87% for weight and 79% for height. His Head? I'm not sure, but it is BIG.

4 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

Bribing works like a charm. Way to go Sier!!

Brooke said...

WOW! What a lucky kid. Two bribes! My kids aren't so lucky. I just tell them they better be nice and let the nurse do it or they'll be locked up in the padded room downstairs. Just kiddin'! Sometimes I wish I had one of those rooms.....
I bribe my kids with ice cream cones.

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

I love taht little boy. Could he possibly be any cuter?

Mel & Annette said...

We hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!

Fun Pictures