Dec 18, 2008

Marks Birthday Surprise

To make a long story short this is what happened.
1. Bought season tickets to Six Flags for Mark and Me.
2. Thought I would surprise him on his birthday with them and we would fly there.
3. Arranged for a Baby sitter.
4. Woke Mark up at 5:00 am on his birthday to surprise him with the news.
5. Flew to California.
6. Spent 2 1/2 hours in LA traffic driving to Six Flags.
7. It was closed because it was raining..(Disney was still open)
8. Spent 2 more hours in the car driving around Santa Monica, trying to find a Mall.
9. Decided to head back towards Long Beach, ending up in Inglewood.
10. Went to the greatest ROSS ever...too bad the line was sooo long to check out. (45 min. wait)
11. Found a Mall .
12. Spent 1 hour driving back to the airport. (which was only 20 miles away...traffic)
13. Got home at 11:30.

Thanks to Mark for letting me think I surprised him (JUSTIN!!!)...Thanks to my babysitter for watching the kids....Thanks to Mother Nature for having it RAIN all day....Thanks to everybody driving in LA.....Thanks to JetBlue for letting us fly for free!!

I have no pictures, since there was NOTHING exciting about the day. No matter what happened it really is a birthday Mark will NEVER forget!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh man! That stinks. But hey, at least you got a day with each other and no kids.

Bearden Family said...

Hey, it was a really good effort.... If nothing else my kids loved having your kids here...:)

Becca said...

Sounds like a crazy day! Just think in a few years this will be something you will look back on and have a good laugh about. I love your pictures by the way. Hope your having a good holiday season so far and I'll see you on saturday.

Melissa said...

Hey Lara-I had no idea you guys all had blogs. It is fun to catch up on everyone's families. I don't think I have ever even seen your boys before! Tell your family hi for us and Merry Christmas!-Melissa

The Gatherum Family said...

at least YOU TRIED! That is how surprises always go for me. Sounds fun anyway though! Hope you guys have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Wasn't it so fun to just be alone though? Happy Birthday to Mark. We love ya!

The Edwards Family said...

At least you FAILED with style...

Kelli Spencer said...

Well, now you have an excuse to try it again! That flying for free stuff is great, isn't it? Hope you guys still had a good time... Have a Merry Christmas!

Fun Pictures